I get so excited when I find a book that I believe in . When I read something that validates my thinking or me as a parent. For 50 cents at a garage sale I picked up Children are From Heaven by John Gray. I was searching for answers regarding parenting and in this Brian and I found the answers we needed. Before I read this book I had no understanding of what a timeout precisely was. We knew that punishment wasn't part of what we believed so I was simply searching for answers. In this book I found the answers I needed and it was beyond a success. I am so thankful I found exactly what I was looking for. This book was exactly what Brian and I believed in and it then validated us and made us feel good as parents. How awesome that a book can do such a thing and be so powerful!
I found this book. I wasn't really looking for it. I was just looking. I do enjoy reading psychology. I think it is really challenging to understand our minds. It challenges me to think of things in another way. I guess I just like that sort of thing. Anyway. The Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness by Edward Hallowell, M.D. is the newest book I've read that was just really inspiring to me. That is why I wanted to share this with you. Obviously as parents one of our main goals is to raise happy kids. The book can be elementary at times but I can overlook that. It is a simple read but just simply lovely at the same time. Lovely enough to check it out and read. So anyway I hope you all do those of you with kids. I really like the author. I think he seems like a pretty neat man and very loving person. Thats what always makes me love a book like this if I feel I can really connect with the author and here I did.
Hope you Enjoy!
Thursday, January 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Carey-maybe you could let me borrow the Children are from Heaven book sometime. I'd like to read that.
I've also heard that there is a Love Languages for Children book that I'd like to read.
Jill
-You are welcome to it anytime. The love languages is such a neat concept huh, another must read book. Lets look for the children one!
Post a Comment