Thursday, January 4, 2007

My Little Girl Turns Two

I never knew that a little girl could bring a family so so much joy. I just love being with my little Carley. We have so much fun and I so enjoy watching her grow. I appreciate being able to spend so much time with her. Even with a four year old, having another child master the same little things just never gets old. With two children we don't compare the two we just really appreciate their unique qualities. Children are just so lovable. It will never get old listening to Carley sing no matter where we are or what time of the morning it is. With each child you love them and give them the individual respect and love they deserve.

As Carley turns two today I think back to all the little moments that have been special to me. The first being when she was born and when she and Ethan met for the first time. Intoducing her to all of our family and friends and the little things like Ethan rolling her around on the floor at four months. I think back to her crawling for 3 and a half months (it really did feel like forever and soon learning to walk. I think about her firt real trip to Pittsburgh for Sarah's graduation when she was only 5 months and all the trips we took to the zoo. And the water, how she just has always loved the water. And last night, her first somersault! Her first real somersault. I was just so excited!

The three of us singing happy birthday today will be how we celebrate her birthday. We don't have any big plans. We will get together with family this weekend. The party will be with her mom and dad and big brother. I have ordered a cute little heart charm with her name engraved on it along with a little girl on it to add to her first year charm ( a birthday cake with one candle). Each year I hope to pick a charm and complete a bracelet so one day hopefully she will appreciate the gift from me. Carley, you are my gift.

Happy Birthday Carley Ann!

3 comments:

Kris said...

What a special tribute to an adorable and special little girl. The charm bracelet sounds perfect. She will be so grateful for that as she grows up and learns to appreciate it. Happy Birthday, Carley!! We love you!

From CareBear said...

Thanks for that Kris, we love you too!

Mom of Double A said...

Happy Birthday Carley! You are such a precious little girl always with a twinkle in your eye. I hope you have a great party with your family. We'd like to celebrate with you too--let's get together soon!
Love, J, J, A & A